This page is to provide us with a record of changes made to the house.
All walls, ceilings, trim, doors, cabinets, etc. were repainted, as well as the rails on the deck. In order to spray paint
trim and cabinets, everything else had to be covered with plastic, including putting up floor-to-ceiling barricades.
Pine bark mulch was redone in the back yard, an old oak tree that died was removed, the part of the driveway which was not originally rip-rapped was done, and the path around the back two sides of the house was built up with city pit, covered with gravel, and rip-rapped.
After a couple of years of problems with the HVAC, it was replaced with a new unit of a larger capacity which was also much more energy efficient.
It cost over $1000 every time the deck had to be power washed and resealed, so we finally decided to replace the wood deck with synthetic decking.
We always regretted not buying the lot next door for better privacy and over the years had made offers to the owners which were turned down. In 2012, they asked us if we still wanted it and we bought it. See more info and pictures.
After 14 years, the carpet was looking bad and several tiles were cracked. We had put off several other upgrades and repairs, so instead of just new carpet, we did a major renovation. See more info and pictures.